First of all, on Saturday Conner turned 4 months old!! I can hardly believe it's been that long since he was born-I am losing my little baby! This also means that I can start him on cereal (every time I tell Dave this he says, "He can't have cherrios yet!" and then I tell him it's RICE cereal-funny!) which means it's about time to bring the high-chair up-crazy!!
Secondly, Conner has discovered his tongue and LOVES to spit with it and stick it out. At first he would just do it if I would do it to him first, but then he just started to do it all day long! We thought it was so cute until my mom mentioned how "cute" it will be once he starts eating food and spits it everywhere...oops. I tried to capture it on camera, but the little stinker stopped whenever I tried so..no pic.
Monday night we were just sitting down for dinner and I decided to give Conner some tummy time. I put him down and turned my back for MAYBE three seconds and he was lying on his back...WHAT?!? I told Dave and he didn't believe it so we put Conner on his tummy again and sure enough he rolled right over. Dave thought this was highly entertaining and insisted on Conner doing it three more times until he was satisfied and Conner was mad! He had only turned over once before-like a month ago and that was from back to tummy, not vis versa so we really were surprised! He's always hated tummy time and now almost as soon as I put him down he rolls right over, but if I put him back he starts to get upset. He's rather opinionated and it's quite funny!
[Conner before rolling over]
[After rolling over]
Yesterday (Tuesday) I took Conner to the doctor for his 4 month check-up. He now weighs 15 lbs. and is 26 inches long which puts him in the 84% for heigth-WOW!! Two months ago his was 44% in everything so that was quite a jump! Maybe he inherited his grandpa's genes (either one since their both 6'2 +) and will be much taller than Dave or I-it wouldn't surprise me! He did really well with his shots this time and got more upset when the doctor picked him up (probably startled him) than when he got his shots! GOOD JOB CONNER!
And last, but certainly not least...he's slept through the night for almost a week-YES!! I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying it, but I think we've pretty much made it to sleeping 9-10 hours straight and it's great. It's funny because he's slept through the night a handful of random times throughout the last two months and whenever he did I woke up in a panic, but I don't anymore-weird. The sad part is that Dave wants to move him into his room and now I don't have an excuse not to! : (
Dave and I are also doing well-enjoying the summer weather finally! We planted our first garden this month-thanks mostly to Dave-and are looking forward to summer activities. I've been working in our flower beds-which is a working progress and still needs some new flowers-so that's been my outdoor project thus far. Dave is on a softball team in the ward and I'm hoping they'll start a basketball/volleyball league as well. We've enjoyed reunions on both our sides this month and hope there will be more soon. It's crazy to think that the Fourth of July is next weekend, but I'm super excited as it is one of my favorite holidays and is exactly two weeks before my birthday-wahoo!
So cute! That is awesome! Just be careful starting him on solids. Our baby doctor advised us not to because they have more of a chance to get food allergies, diabetes and eczema. Just be aware. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteThat is brilliant! He is so handsome. Good luck with your garden, and hopefully he will like solids.
ReplyDelete