Grand Teton National Park
So, the past month has been super fun...we've had all kinds of excitment from Conner's new tricks, birthdays, and trips, to trees almost falling on the house!! Phew!!
We went to Victor for the 4th of July weekend and Conner experianced his first parade...yah!! Only he was asleep for most of the time. : ( The night before we had fireworks out at my brother's ranch and Conner DID NOT like that...they were too loud and close for his comfort. (Not to mention it was past his bedtime!!)
That same weekend (Dave didn't have to work Monday) we went with my parents to Grand Teton National Park through Jackson and that was fun. We saw pretty lakes and mountains and a baby fawn with it's mom right by the car!!! It was really neat.
We also saw elk, buffalo, moose, antelope and I can't remember what else. : / Conner did a really good job being in the car all day and enjoyed the little nature hike we went on in between in all. We also got a super cute baseball outfit for Conner that is SO ADORABLE!! We love it!!
Baseball outfit
A few weeks ago, we came home Saturday night after a super fun cook out at Abby & Steven's, were relaxing in the living room and heard this aweful creaking noise. The wind was blowing really hard and it ripped off a HUGE part of our Cottonwood right by the house!! It took Dave several days after work to get it all cut up and moved out of the front yard...we we're super blessed that it didn't hit the house!!
Conner has liked to stand and has been able to stand up while holding onto fingers for several months now. He's always been a little mover and is always wriggling around. This week he started to walk while holding onto fingers...he's not a fast walker, but he is putting one foot in front of the other-Crazy!! Neither Dave nor I had ever see him do that with out us trying to get him to move his feet so we were blown away Monday night.
He's been able to roll from tummy to back for a while now, but all of a sudden he rolls everywhere, all of the time!! I put him down and turn away for a minute and he's on the other side of the room...he's a fast little bugger!!! He must of decided he likes tummy time now too, because he's constantly on his tummy playing or pulling on something.
Dave and I have been reading quite often recently and Conner has decided that he loves to pull on the pages!! It's really cute if he's not doing it to you. : )
Now that Conner's officially 5 months old, I think I'll start the baby food. He tries to eat anything that gets close to him and he likes bread, but hates his cereal. Is it better to just mash up regular veggies, or buy the Gerber stuff? Can't believe how fast he grows!!
If you have the patience and time to mash up the food, you will save money. I don't have either...so I just buy it. I have LOTS of it that I am going to have to give away because Jake won't touch it! I have thought he looks a lot like Dave, but the pic of him in the bumbo looks like you :)
ReplyDelete