So! I cannot believe that we've pretty well exhausted August and that September is just around the bend. Time has just flown and with it has gone summer. It is already getting cold at nights...it seems like we wait and wait for it to warm up, it goes straight to 90 for a while and then we're back to 30's at night and 60's-70's during some of the day. Just as long as the snow holds off for a while, I won't complain too much! : )

This last month has been jammed packed with fun, fun and more fun! The first weekend (the 6th and 7th) my family had a get together at Heise Hot Springs (about 15 miles away from where we live). We all camped and swam and I had planned a bunch of games and activities for it and then we had 50+ mile per hour winds...wahoo! So fun when you're camping, but gratefully my dad came prepared and we were fine. It was super fun to have everyone one together (except my brother Nathan who is on a mission in North Carolina for 3 more months) and for all the baby's to be together for the first time!!


We also celebrated Dave's 27th birthday...he's getting to be an old man. : ) We've know each other for 5 years now-Dave had just turned 22, and me 18 when we met the first week or so of September 2005. Now we've been married for 3 1/2 years and have a 6 month old baby...If some one had asked me 5 years ago where I would be today, I probably would have said on a mission, or maybe just getting married, but I'm so grateful things have happened the way they have. I once said something to Dave about waiting for me to go on a mission and come home and get married and he told me he wouldn't wait around that long, that I had to take him or leave him so (obviously) I took him and ran!! : )
We had a super fun week last week with Dave's mom. She stayed with us Mon-Sat. and we did all kinds of fun, family things!! For example: Pictures of grandsons, FHE, cookout, pizza/movie night, shopping, canning, temple sealings, lunch outings and more. It was so fun to get to see her and spend time together...and I really appreciate Becky's, Dave's, and my mom's help since I had a wisdom tooth pulled on Thursday (the last one) and I was a little under the weather. THANK YOU!!!
We are planning on coming to Houston for Christmas...HOORAY!!!! This is a minor miracle in and of itself. The bank Dave works at pretty doesn't allow employees to take vacation in December, so we are THRILLED that because of the Switzerland situation, we get to go.
(Real Deal Crawl)
So I just have to share these pictures with you because I LOVE IT! Becky got this for Conner and it's acutally a 12 month hoodie, but it was so cute (and cold yesterday!!) that I put it on him and he loved it!! Most of you probably know that Dave is a big football fan and so when I saw this hoodie, "Daddy loves me more than football" I just had to have it. Such a cute kid! : )
Hope everyone is doing well...please get lots of extra sleep for me this week as Conner has decided to wake up every 2-3 hours at night (probably because he's cutting his first tooth) so we're having parties all night long!!
No comments:
Post a Comment