Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April showers (and snow storms) are upon us!!

So, today is a beautiful day and the sun is shining but spring time in Idaho definitely has it's ups and downs!! For example, last week started out with nice warm weather which brought everyone outdoors to start cleaning up the yards. The grass is green and beautiful, the birds are singing, but by the time Wednesday rolls around and Dave and I go out to celebrate our 4th anniversary, we're met with...... a Blizzard....awesome!! Can I just tell you how excited Dave was? It was kinda depressing. On top of that Conner was being WAY cranky and so we took him to dinner with us instead of dropping him of with the Graebers and I don't think I've ever been so anxious to leave a restaurant before! We've taken him out before but this time he just yelled and jabbered at the top of his voice. We dropped him off after dinner and went to a movie...it was by far the best part of our evening out! When we came out of the theater the car was completely covered in snow and we just wanted to go home. It snowed for the next two days, but now the weather is warming up again and it looks like we might see spring for real...but I'm not betting on it. We've had a crazy last month!! It started with the decision to put a bid on a Camry Hybrid down in Provo. We'd been thinking about getting a bigger car since we had Conner because the Corolla has such a small back seat so when we saw this car that BYU was selling we felt like it would be a good car for our family. Then there was an announcement at church that four of the Rigby wards would be split to form a fith ward. We got that announcement on the 20th of March and Dave and I just knew that we would be part of this new ward, but we really loved being in the ward we were in!! But on the 22nd I got a phone call that my Grandma Kearsley had passed away the night before and that her funeral would be that Saturday. She hasn't been doing that well and had fallen twice in the last month, so it wasn't exactly a shock, but still kind of hard. The next day we found out we got the bid for the Camry and that we needed to come and get it within a day or two. So Dave worked half a day Friday and we drove down to Provo, got the Camry and drove back to Rigby that same day. (We really like our new car by the way-it's Dave's new baby : ) Got up the next morning and went to Victor for my Grandma's funeral which was kind of sad but it was good too. She was 90 and had lived a full life, it was just hard to see my 94 year old Grandpa without her. We came back to Rigby that night and the next day found out we were part of the new Rigby 15th ward which I took really hard because I just love the people and especially the young women in our old ward. Needless to say it was kind of a hard week! Conference was great and greatly needed! It always seems to come just when I need it to. We also were able to go to my neices baptism on saturday which is always neat. We've had lots of family gatherings lately between birthdays, funerals and baptisms to get to see each other which is nice. Sunday we went to our new ward for the first time it will be a good ward-just different. I was called as a councilor in the Primary and Dave's the ward Financial Clerk, so we'll certainly be busy!! Conner got to go to Nursery (a few months early, I know) because neither Dave or I could take him and it was really nice-for all of us!!
Conner is growing like a weed. He certainly has a personality and an additude which for the most is fun, at least until bed time and then it gets old, but he really is so much fun. He loves to dance and lead music-it's way funny. I couldn't get a great shot of him, but here's a little sample.
He's such a jabber box-LOVES my phone and to talk on it. He is also great at texting-I realized the other day that he had sent at least 8 messages-so he doesn't get much phone time anymore. He loves to sit and ride on his firetruck. He spent most of conference sitting (or standing when he could get away with it) on his firetruck. He loves to read me stories-not the other way around. I don't understand what he's saying, but he jabbers as he turns pages which is fun. He's just a cute little handful!!



Hope everyone is doing well and that you all have a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you guys have had quite the month. I knew about your grandmother (I hope Dave told you how sorry we are---I really feel sorry for your grandpa, though). I knew about the new car, but I didn't know about the ward split. I definitely didn't know that it all came at the same time. Sorry about your snowy anniversary---guess we were just lucky that your wedding day was so picture perfect---heavenly! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete