Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Holidays came and went fairly quickly at our house, though some days were longer than others! For Thanksgiving we went up to my parents house in Victor and had tons of good food, good company, and good football. Thanksgiving is extra special to me since Dave proposed on Thanksgiving Day 5 years ago, so I love remember that really, really, really cold and wonderful day. : ) After dinner and football we headed back to Rigby since Black Friday was starting at 10:00 p.m. that night. We put Conner to bed and Dave went off to the stores and didn't come back until after 5:00 a.m. Man was I glad I had gone to bed around 1:00 instead of waiting up for him! I decided that I would go around 8 :00 am. to see what the stores had left, but wound up with a flat tire a few miles outside of Rigby and my poor sleep-deprived husband had to wake up and rescue me. So even my car got presents (two actually) that weekend.





December was a busy but fun month for us between parties, family get togethers and wondering when Janie was going to make her appearance. Dave's parents came the third week of December for Abby and Steven's graduation and it was really fun to spend some time with them. My sister-in-laws threw a baby shower for me that same weekend which was great because Dave's mom and sister were able to come as well as those from my family. I even had the opportunity to talk in church that weekend, so it was for sure a busy one! The next weekend was Christmas Eve and we had decided to stay home for the first time since we've been married. It was a little strange not to have family to play games with and watch movies, but we did a pretty good job with just the three of us. Christmas morning was great except that Conner had a mini melt down between wanting to play with everything and lack of sleep, but it could have been much worse. : ) That morning I had a feeling that it would be our last weekend as a family of three, but since I hadn't dilated at all I had my doubts.






The day after Christmas we took down our tree and all our Christmas decorations, put a bed up in Conner's room and cleaned out the closet so that we had a place to put Janie's stuff. I still wasn't dilated and I hate washing clothes and getting too many things ready for a baby who isn't come soon so I put it off and put it off and Thursday night I had contractions that I could not sleep through for a good 5 hours or so. I spent the night praying that I wouldn't go into labor yet since nothing was ready-no bag packed for Conner, or me or her or anything-plus we were getting new insurance on January first which was still three days away. The contractions did slow down but never went away all together. I spent all Friday getting everything ready so we could go to the hospital if needed and Friday night I spent the entire night up with back labor. Saturday we went to my family's New Years Eve party and just prayed that I could make it until midnight to go to the hospital...which we did...at about 12:10 a.m. Sunday morning we checked into the emergency room and they admitted me at 1:30. Almost 12 hours later at 1:27 p.m. Janie was born, 6 lb.'s 15 oz. and 19 inches long. We are so grateful our little girl is here and healthy and that Conner-who was NOT thrilled the first couple of days we brought her home-has decided it's fun to have "baby Janie" around.







1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely adorable! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! :) -April

    ReplyDelete