So...I feel like it's been forever since I've updated the blog and yet I can't believe that it's really December...like almost the middle of December!! There's been so much going on lately and between the family stuff and Christmas shopping, one of my favorite months is going by way too fast!!

First, I should probably go back to Thanksgiving. We had a super fun time at my parents house in Victor...all except the roads/blizzard anyway. They were by no means the worste I've ever traveled in, but there were times that the car was slidding so much that it felt like an ice skating rink!! It took almost twice as long to get there as usual, but we were safe and I'm so grateful to Dave for driving! We're both so much more paranoid about going out on the roads now that we have Conner-days that are really bad, Dave will call me after he's made it to work and tell me not to go anywhere, even if it's just the grocery store a few miles away. It never ceases to amaze me that during the holiday weekends especially the weather/roads get super nasty...oh the joys of living in Idaho!! : ) Even though I am accustom to it, bad roads have never been my idea of fun!!

On the same note, I pray that the weather/roads are good this weekend since we have lots of family traveling for my brother Nathan's home coming talk...that's right HE's BACK!! Nate flew in last Wednesday (the 1st) from his two year mission in North Carolina. It's so strange and yet so natural to have him back home! I have really missed him the last couple of years and I'm excited that he will be attending BYU-I in the winter, so he'll be close enough to get together.
Our sweet little Conner is not so little anymore!! We had some kid at our ward party last week tell us that Conner is as heavy as his (the kid's) five year old cousin...hah!! He's not THAT big, but he is one solid little boy!! I've been hauling him around the mall a lot lately 'cause I hate to drag out the stroller if I'm not buying too much. I do really well for the first 20-30 min. but by the time I get done (sometimes 1-2 hours later) and am headed out to the car loaded with who knows what, my arm is killing me!!! I went out on black friday (around 10:00...after the crazy people...aka Dave...were gone) and left him in his car seat assuming I could put him in a cart.....not so much!! There were basically no carts to be found, so I was hauling him on one arm and whatever else in the other...I tell ya I was worn out by the time I got done!! But it's worth it...for the most part. Good thing Dave went out early to get the good stuff. ; )
Conner is getting more mobile by the day. He stands a lot on his own now and will occasionally risk a step or two, but hasn't braved anything more than that yet-which I am perfectly fine with!! He will on occasion walk with me holding just one hand instead of two, but he still prefers to cruise with both hands. He has been a major spitter lately and we caught it on video, so hope you all enjoy. Baby food is loosing it's glamour and the real stuff it mostly all he wants lately. He absolutely LOVES Ritz crackers and will eat as many as I let him. He's also becoming really good at copying movements and sounds which is so cute! It's just so fun to see him catch onto things. There is of course somewhat of a down side which is that he gets into things so much more! Last week he was content to just look at most of the buttons on the dvd player, but tonight he turned it on and off like three time! That's when Dave gets a little cranky-pretty much everything else he is so good and so patient, but he does not want Conner playing with the electronics!!! : ) More baby proofing to come....if we can find something in which to fit all of the "electronics" in. He also loves to play on the piano and gets so upset when I make him stop pounding on it after half an hour. It's really cute, but I haven't played much lately because I sit down, play maybe one song, and then he thinks my turn is over. I hope we figure something out soon; otherwise I won't get to play many Christmas songs!
Dave and I are doing well, mostly just the same old stuff which is just dandy! I'm happy because I have a real, wonderfully smelling tree in the house which is pretty much a must for me. It's not Christmas without the tree-and a real one at that! Dave has been counting down the days until we leave for Houston (pretty much down to a week) and though I am super excited to go, I will admit I am somewhat dreading the drive with Conner. I have no idea how he will do, but we hope that everything will go well and that we'll have at least decent roads/weather to drive in. We're so excited to see everyone and hope that all of your holidays go wonderfully!! Take care, love you all.
It's like an early Christmas present to read your blog and see more pictures of our handsome Conner! He is so cute. Loved the spitting video. Sounds like you've been busy. So glad that Nate's home safely. Have fun with your family this weekend. Can't wait to see you guys next Sunday or Monday. I can't believe we fly out of here in four days.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable! I am so so excited to meet that cute little boy and see you guys!
ReplyDelete